Monday, July 23, 2012

Slowing down

This morning I noticed that one of the wooden stools we keep in the livingroom was in front of the balcony door, but I didn't bother moving it this time, thinking "oh it doesn't matter we don't go out there anyways". But thinking that bugged me, I WANT to spend more time on my balcony. I had already told myself a few weeks ago that I should spend more time just sitting outside enjoying the sunset/sunrise.

Then this afternoon I thought to myself "I didn't get those blog posts done this weekend like I wanted to... I'll have to do them this afternoon... but I wanna finish reading Failblog and Verydemotivational and I Can Has Cheezburger and 9Gag and... etc"

And then I came across this (I mean more the part about lazy summer days than the one about growing old), and then this. It happens sometimes that I come upon 2 blog posts in the same day in my followers list that are on the same theme, even though completely unrelated. And these ones make a lot of sense to me. I'm tired of being busy. Now I'm not meaning to say I wanna give up on this blog again, I'm just saying that I don't want to push myself so hard with this blog that it takes the fun out of it. Yes I wanna cook every recipe ever RIGHT NOW cause it's so much fun and so exciting and I love trying new recipes but I CAN'T DO THAT. Not until I win the lottery and can quit my day job anyways lol.

So I'm gonna force myself to not be over-ambitious and exhausting myself with this till the fun is gone from it by restricting myself to ONE post per week. Yes this frustrates me cause I'm thinking to myself "but it'll take FOREVER to get anything done!!!" but I'm beginning to value NOT being rushed and stressed rather than accomplishing ALL THE THINGS!!! LIKE AN ADULT!

So. Um, yeah. I'm gonna try to stop reading all those pointless time-killing websites that although funny and cute don't contribute to my inner peace, just my hurry to switch from client-pickup-window-to-firefox-icanhas-tab-to-client-pickup-window-to-firefox-tab-to-client-pickup-window-to... ... ...

Maybe turning around and looking out the window at this instead might help:



Which can actually be very pretty sometimes. In the winter when the leaves are gone you can see all the way to downtown, not just the tops of the buildings like now.

So if I'm bored, I'll blog extra. But until then I'll have a glass of something yummy on my balcony with my sweetie :D And try to be more like a (responsible) kid :)

Edit: Lol I googled "slowing down" just for the fun of it and came up with this.  It's the best thing I've seen in a while :D I have to get myself one of those mugs!

Lol, something funny just happened, not one, but two of my coworkers asked me in succession what I was still doing here after 5. I replied that I wanted to finish reading something before going home, I had nothing especially urgent to do at home tonight.

It's nice to not have to rush home!

No comments:

Post a Comment